- Backups are encrypted for complete security. No one, not even us, can read your files. Tape backups are not generally encrypted, so anyone can read them and gain access to your client database, billing records, payroll, tax info, and everything else on your computer. Your data is encrypted with a 448 bit encryption that even we don’t have access to. In addition you have your own username and password as an extra layer of security.
- Restoring a file is as easy and pointing and clicking on the file you want restored. No more trying to find out what tape has the particular file you need as you can search ALL your backed up data at one time and restore just as easy. In the event of total catastrophic data loss on your file server we can even bring all your data to you on a external hard drive and restore it significantly faster than a tape drive can.
- Online Backup is offsite and stored safely away from your computer and your business. This is where almost every small business makes its biggest mistake. Even if you do everything else perfectly, your backups are of little use if your building burns, or you are unable to physically recover your tapes from the premises. Most small companies leave their backup tapes in the same building as their computer where they can be destroyed right along with the computer.
- Multiple versions of files are kept. Proper backups require redundancy. One must keep multiple copies of a file at different points in its development. These are called “versions or generations”. For example, you should have a different copy of each backed-up file for each backup session. Further, you should be able to easily restore any of your files up to any given point in time. Banks do it, big corporations do it, and so should small businesses. Fortress Remote Backup makes this possible with an easy to use version control system.
- No User Intervention. This online backup service does not require any user intervention. There are no tapes to change, no updates to perform, no manual steps involved, the process is fully automated and runs daily or hourly depending on your needs.
- Backup/Restore Process: Our backup service automatically backs up your critical data. It is compressed and encrypted during transfer and storage. Block level patching where only modified portion of data is transferred after initial backup ensures optimal bandwidth utilization. You can restore any file to the local computer, when required.
- Quick. Data Compression allows the file to be compressed before being transmitted securely over the encrypted data stream, this says time and bandwidth.